Privacy Statement Summary
This is a summary of our Privacy Statement. To review our Privacy Statement in full, please scroll down.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect two types of personal information: Personally, Identifiable Information (PII) or Personal Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information (NPII).
Personally, Identifiable Information (PII)
What is PII or Personal Information? “PII or Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable person, including, for example:
When you use our platform, Apps, or associated tools or services, we may collect the following kinds of personal information from you as needed:
- Name, email address, telephone number, and home, business, and billing addressees
- Government issued Identification required for booking or identity verification, such as passport, driver’s license, and government redress numbers, and for vacation property owners, tax identification number
- Payment information such as payment card number, expiration date, and billing address
- Travel-related preferences and requests such as favourite destination and accommodation types, and special dietary and accessibility needs, as available
- Loyalty program and membership information
- Birth date and gender
- Images, videos, and other recordings
- Social media account ID and other publicly available information
- Communications with us (such as recordings of calls with customer service representatives for quality assurance and training purposes)
- Searches you conduct, transactions, and other interactions with you on our online services and Apps
- Other communications that occur through the platform among partners and travellers, and in-group chat and traveller-collaboration tools
- The searches and transactions conducted through the platform
- Data you give us about other people, such as your travel companions or others for whom you are making a booking
- Information we receive about you from third parties such as our business and affiliate partners and authorized service providers which may include updated contact information, demographic information, interests, and purchase history, which we may add to your account or profile and use for market research and analysis
How We May Collect Your Personal Information
We and our affiliates or service providers may collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
Through the Services: We may collect Personal Information through the Services, such as when you make a booking or register for receiving promotional offers, travel guides or updates or any information that we share regarding our business.
Offline: We may collect Personal Information from you offline, such as when you contact our customer service desk over phone, email or chat.
From Other Sources: We may collect your Personal Information through sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms (including from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected), and other third parties, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
How We May Use Personal Information
We may use Personal Information:
- To process and accomplish your booking or purchase request, which includes processing your payment, communicate with you regarding your booking or purchase, and provide you with related customer service. We use passport information for the purpose of travel bookings.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfil your requests, such as to send you newsletters or blog updates.
- To send administrative information to you, such as information regarding the Services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, to the extent permitted by law.
- To personalize your experience on the Services by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which may contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information. We suggest that you read any such rules carefully, as you will be bound by them if you choose to participate.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality.
- To allow you to send messages to another person through the Services. By using this functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to provide us with your friend’s name and email address.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving, or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and operating and expanding our business activities.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate:
(a) under applicable law, including laws outside your state or country of residence;
(b) to comply with legal process and to prevent, detect, or suppress abuse, fraud, or criminal activity;
(c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities and self-regulatory organizations, including public and government authorities and self-regulatory organizations outside your state or country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions;(e) to protect our operations, assets, or interests or those of any of our affiliates;
(f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and
(g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
How Personal Information May Be Disclosed
In order to process your request and operate as a legally binding entity, we may need to disclose your Personal Information to the following entities.
Note:Using our Site or Services, you agree and understand that these entities, except our corporate affiliates worldwide, are not under our control and, hence, we don’t control their privacy practices. We request you to review their privacy policies before transferring your Personal Information to such entities.
Third party travel-related suppliers: The information may be shared with third-party travel-related suppliers such as airlines so that they may serve you with the products and services that you book or purchase using the Services.
Other travel-related companies: To complement our Services, we may disclose your information to airline consolidators or aggregators, other travel agencies providing access to their travel-related inventory via the Services, and travel insurance providers.
Our business partners: We may disclose your Personal Information with our business partners supporting us in our marketing endeavour. For instance, affiliate marketers that might have redirected you from their websites or platforms to our website.
Our third party service providers: We may disclose your information to our third party service providers offering services, including but not limited to, website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfilment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services. We may also share your information with third-party sponsors or operators of surveys, sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions.
Special Scenarios in Which We May Disclose your Personal Information
- In the event of any acquisition, merger, sale, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, we may share your Personal Information with the new partner(s).
- We may disclose your Personal Information with regulators or judiciaries under following circumstances: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your state or country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process and to prevent, detect, or suppress abuse, fraud, or criminal activity; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities and self-regulatory organizations, including public and government authorities and self-regulatory organizations outside your state or country of residence;(d)to enforce our terms and conditions;
(e) to protect our operations, assets, or interests or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and
(g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information (NPII)
- Browser and device information
- App usage data
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided by you
- Aggregated information
How We May Collect Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We and our third party service providers may collect NPII in a variety of ways, including:
Through your browser or device: We collect a set of information like Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the Services (such as the App) you are using through your browser or device.
Using cookies: Seeking your permission through your browser, we may store cookies on your computer to learn about your website behaviour, navigation pattern, interests and preferences. Such information helps us in optimizing your digital user experience with our website. They also help us in tracking your response against our online advertisements and to understand what site or advertisement brought you to our site. If you don’t want us to collect the information, you may decline our request. A pop-message gets displayed when you visit or spend a few seconds on our website asking for your permission to set cookies on your device. However, you may encounter inconvenience accessing the Services as we are not able to recognize your device. You may also need to sign-in every time when you visit our Site.
Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: We use this to read your response against our marketing campaigns.
Google Analytics and Webmaster: We use Google Analytics to know your website navigation pattern, the pages you visit either directly via search engines, through social media or referral means. We use the intelligence to optimize our marketing campaign and improve your digital experience.
IP Address: Your Internet Service Provider assigns you with an IP number that gives a unique identity to your device over the World Wide Web. IP address gets automatically recognized by any server hosting a website. The IP address helps us know when you access the Services, the frequency of such a visit and the pages visited per visit. We use the details to know about the reach of our website and its usability.
Physical Location: Based on the satellite, cellular network or Wi-Fi signals of your device, we may read the physical location of your device. We use location information to make our location-based services more suitable to your needs and expectations. We may also use your device-location information to make our geo-targeted advertising more efficient.
How We May Use and Disclose NPII
We may use and disclose NPII for any purpose (except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law), if it doesn’t qualify as Personal Information under applicable law. In some instances, we may combine NPII with PII (such as combining your name with your location). If we do, we will treat the combined information as PII as long as it is combined.
Third Party Services
Venusfares may contain links to third-party websites or social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, etc. You understand we are in no way endorsing such sites. Such sites have their own privacy practices and we hold no control over them.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
Choices and Access
Your choices regarding our use of your Personal Information
If you don’t want to receive our marketing collaterals including emails and newsletter, you may opt out from our emailing list following the instructions contained in each such communication. You may also reach out to us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
For any clarification or concern, feel free to contact us as per the mentioned contact information.